Let’s DO with a purpose, our dreams are only an ACTION away!!!
Hey girl, okay, so before I make another post I wanted to make sure we don’t get caught up in the fun and shenanigans of my crazy life. My goal is to help you achieve whatever goal you set out to accomplish by letting you learn from my mistakes, triumphs, breakdowns, and baby steps. Here is a short list of five things you can do right now to take control of your life and make some improvements.
1. Make a list of things in your life that you would like to change, both short term and long term.
Once you write down your goals you are more likely to achieve them, so grab a pen and paper and get to work. Now listen, this doesn’t have to be some ethereal dream, or it can be! I have everything on my list from update my wardrobe to work from the beach instead of an office. My list is called my “Happy List”, I have had this list for over 5 years, I write down everything that I feel will make me happy with my life at that time. As you can imagine this changes often as I accomplish those things, we change all the time so I make my list as fluid as I am.
2. Write down everything that is keeping you from making everything on your “Happy List” come true.
This may be a hard list to make, we so often come up with excuses as to why we can’t or won’t accomplish something. One year the first item on my happy list was to break up with my girlfriend, yes girl, it was real for my life. I noticed that I was crying more than smiling and I was just broken and unhappy, so on this list was FEAR, fear was keeping me from breaking up with her. I was not being abused or anything like that, I just didn’t want to lose her or hurt her feelings. With this list you have to be honest with yourself, very honest, you have to know what is holding you back to be able to move forward.
3. Make a budget AND STICK TO IT!
Whether it is simple or complex, making a budget will give you more discipline and you will be able to see where your money is going. Have you ever been at the store, swiped your card and stared at the machine thinking “please let it say approved…”. Yeah, that shit is not fun and nor is it cute, your money is not flying out of the window sis you are spending it all. Making a budget will get you in control of your funds so you can better accomplish your goals, like going on the dream vacation or buying those bundles without going in debt over it.
How you can get started:
- Make a list of all expenses, everything you spend money on, exclude savings (names no dollar amounts).
- Categorize your expenses, Bills (rent, car note, etc..) and Spending (nails, restaurant, etc…)
- Write down the monthly amount of the expenses list.
- Try to find ways to cut back, on paper, in your Spending category.
- If you have more Bills you probably don’t make enough money for how you are living.
- If you have more Spending expenses you have a problem with spending too much.
- Decrease your spending in real life.
- Add up expenses list after decrease and subtract it from your monthly take home pay (after taxes).
- Save what you have left after your expenses are subtracted from your take home.
4. Take some time and get to know yourself, what makes you want to wake up and go everyday.
This step may take the longest to accomplish if you don’t already know, but it is something you can get started on today. If you can, I encourage you to take at least 15 to 30 minutes a day to spend alone, even if you have to sit out in the car at work before you head home. If you are a list girl like myself, you can make a list of things you enjoy about your life and try to spend more time doing those things. Too often we can get wrapped up in our mates, children, or work, but those things are so much more enjoyable if we are right with ourselves from within.
5. Fix your hair, put on some makeup, sexy clothes/lingerie and take some pictures.
Whenever I am feeling down, depressed, or even ugly doing this always cheers me up. When I look good, I feel good, and I remind myself I am unique, no one looks like me and no one can be me! If you are really bold you can send those pictures to your significant other or whomever. This is a really simple trick that I use for an instant pick me up, I put on encouraging music that makes me feel amazing and transform hunny!
This was one of those days for me!
For a simple look like the picture above I use:
Foundation: Revlon Colorstay – 400 Caramel
Concealer: L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer – Almond
Blush: NARS – Orgasm
Highlighter: LORAC TANtalizer Baked Bronzer
Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Eye Liner: Tarte Precision Longwear Liner
Doing these few things can have a huge impact on your life, if even for a short term, it will be worth the boost! We can do it ladies, don’t let anyone stop your shine!